The Green Bay Packers went with depth along the secondary and defensive line but they’ll go to the offense and build upon the offensive line.
The Packers have started the seventh round almost like how they started the NFL Draft. They have gone two defensive players and will now go offense with that third pick.
We have seen the Packers are looking to address the depth in certain positions and want to help out their special teams. Now, with the 249th pick, the Packers selected Penn State’s offensive tackle, Rasheed Walker.
— Green Bay Packers (@packers) April 30, 2022
Walker, 6-6, 325 pounds, made 10 starts in the 2021 season and played on 729 snaps. he gave four sacks but gave up 26 pressures.
He was voted team captain for Penn State and was named third-team All-Big Ten by the media and honorable mention by the coaches. In the preseason, he was named to the Lombardi Award and Outland Trophy Watch List.
Here is who the Packers have drafted and the picks they have remaining:
- R1 | P22 – Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
- R1 | P28 – Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia
- R2 | P34 – Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
- R3 | P92 – Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA
- R4 | 132 – Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada
- R4 | 140 – Zach Tom, OL, Wake Forest
- R5 | 179 – Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE, South Carolina
- R7 | 228 – Tariq Carpenter, S, Georgia Tech
- R7 | 234 – Jonathan Ford, DT, Miami
- R7 | 249 – Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State
- R7 | 258